Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Wind

Lately it had been extremely windy here and let me tell you it is a whole different experience being in a trailer with the wind blowing as hard as it was. I must admit that at times I was pretty scared. Karli (my cat) was not too happy about the wind either. I mean the wind had the trailer rocking pretty hard at times and I've been told by some of the locals that the wind in the winter down here is a regular. I'm not sure I like the sound of that.

Anyways, during the gusting wind the Truck Guy, who is always doing something to his truck didn't come out and play with it as much but none the less he wasn't deterred from painting his truck again. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times this guy has painted his truck, sanded it all off, and re-painted it in the three weeks we've been at this park. It seems like when you think he is finally getting somewhere the next morning you look out to see he's sanded it all off during the night. I am not quite sure if he's on drugs, if he has some form of OCD, or if he's simply crazy.

Then there is our neighbors directly to our left. They moved in about two days after we did and the guy was there with his wife for the first three or four days but then he simply stopped going to his trailer which is completely fine with me since our bedroom window directly faces their bedroom window. Like I said I don't care if the guy is gone but they had their awning pulled out and it had been windy. Common sense would tell a person wind and awnings don't go well together. So Kyle and I had a going bet one day to see when it would break. It's mean of us, I know, but if they aren't going to be home to take care of their stuff why not have fun with it? Unfortunately for us but fortunate for them they put it up that night and managed to save their awning.

No comments: